Enabling patients to complete their pre-op questionnaire remotely.
Reducing hospital visits. Releasing time. Reducing cancellation rates.
Reducing post-surgery re-admissions.
What is Synopsis Home?
Synopsis Home, a web application from Intouch with Health, enables hospital patients to complete their pre-operative questionnaire remotely – outside of the hospital.
Once the questionnaire is completed, it is then uploaded directly to the hospital’s system, allowing the care team to triage their patients more efficiently than ever before.
Synopsis Home is cloud based and all data is owned by the patient. Patient information can only be viewed by the hospital in Synopsis iQ once permission is granted, and the patient is notified when their data has been accessed.
Worcestershire NHS Trust launches Synopsis Home
“Our elective surgery patients can now complete their health history questionnaire from the comfort of their own home, in their own time, then submit the answers in real-time to our clinical teams.
The majority of pre-op assessments are now requested within just two weeks of surgery, and Synopsis Home is proving vital in supporting us safely complete the assessments within this timeframe. The ability to digitally triage patients has also eliminated the need for some patients to attend hospital for their pre-op assessment.”
Synopsis Home is speeding-up assessments
Traditional paper-based pre-operative assessment processes require the patient to be sent a letter through the post inviting them to attend hospital on a specific date, to complete a pre-op assessment with a nurse. This appointment can take a while to come through, requires the patient to physically attend hospital, and have one-to-one time with a nurse – possibly an hour or more.
Synopsis Home allows patients to complete their pre-op questionnaire immediately. Once it is decided an operation is required, the patient registers and completes the pre-op triage questionnaire on a secure web application, from anywhere in the world.
The Synopsis Home questionnaire can be completed on any mobile device, and on average, takes just 8 minutes for the patient to complete.
Once the assessment is completed by the patient, the results are then uploaded to the hospital system allowing the care team to triage their patients.
Synopsis Home is cloud based and all data is owned by the patient. Patient information can only be viewed by the hospital once permission is granted, and the patient is notified when their data is accessed by the hospital.
The proven benefits:
- Allows patients to complete the pre-op questionnaire outside of the hospital
- Allows patients to complete questionnaire immediately, rather than wait for an appointment to re-attend hospital
- Improved theatre utilisation
- The questionnaire is completed on average in just 8 minutes
- Risk assessment levels supported by risk scores including ASA and POSPOM
- Cardiac risk and lung risk levels provided
- Low-risk patients can be assessed without the need to visit hospital
- Reduce risk of surgery cancellations – including on-the-day cancellations
- Increase patient throughput
- Reduce post-surgery re-admissions
- Triage patients faster and more effectively
- Reduce administrative burden on hospital staff
- Improve hospital outcomes post-surgery
- Visible audit trail supporting
- Improve patient experience to surgery
- Paper elimination (and the cost of paper / printing)
- Reduced costs for patients (less parking, travel, time off work etc.)