In 2011, the DoH guidance document, “Innovation Health and Wealth, Accelerating Adoption and Diffusion in the NHS” set out that from April 2013 compliance with high impact innovations would become a prequalification requirement for CQUIN.
The “Digital First” initiative is one of those high impact innovations.
Originating in the DoH, the initiative aims to “reduce unnecessary face-to-face contact between patients and healthcare professionals by incorporating technology into these interactions“.
Synopsis IQ is an investment that can assist your organisation with pre-qualification and Digital First. It’s a proven and incredibly powerful tool that offers a huge range of benefits to NHS organisations. With over 110,000 patient assessments completed, it’s one of the most comprehensive and proven pre-operative assessment tools available.
Digital First sets out a number of benefits / objectives for the initiative:
Reducing unnecessary face-to-face interaction so that appointments can be given to the people who really need or would prefer them.
Fitting in with people’s busy lives and delivering faster and more convenient services.
- Improving patient choice and satisfaction levels and enhancing quality of care.
- Helping to deliver efficiency gains by reducing face-to-face interaction.
Empowering patients to take control of their own healthcare needs and promoting self-care.
Improving collaboration across healthcare, social care and industry.
Helping to cut carbon emissions by reducing unnecessary travel to appointments.
Synopsis IQ directly delivers on these points for your organisation. How?
- It’s browser based, so patients don’t have to be face-to-face with staff to complete their questionnaire
- Patients can access the system from home, from clinic, from the ward… anywhere that’s convenient
- The system works on almost any platform – PC, laptop, desktop, kiosk, tablet (iPad)
- Colleagues can access the system and view / edit information at any time – no more waiting for notes or results
- Collaboration is massively improved with alerts & messaging, handy print-outs, reports and more
- Synopsis IQ talks to other IT – this means you get even more value from the work you do – information is re-used
Synopsis IQ isn’t simply an online questionnaire; it’s a complete pre-op solution.
The workflow runs from initial questionnaire and covers diagnoses, planned procedure(s), observations, assessments, examination, investigations, discharge planning, operative / anaesthetic planning, risk-stratification / triage and outcomes.
You can tailor how the system looks to different colleagues, who can access patient information, and how the system behaves. Secure, flexible and powerful, it’s also a solution from a UK company with over 22 years’ experience working with the NHS.
Contact us today for a no-obligation discussion about CQUIN, pre-qualifiers and investing for impact.